Allow myself to introduce... myself

...

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Don't Know Much About...

I really don't know anything about blogs. I read one once, and it was so riveting I spent all of my spare time going back through the archives so I didn't miss a single thing. It was written by a woman named Sage and her partner Todd (I think), who had taken their son and gone into the woods to live in a yurt. At the time I was fascinated by the idea, having once been a girl who dreamed (in the mid '90's) of buying an old VW bus and living life on the road.


The point I'm trying to make though, is that I was moved by that blog. I wanted to immerse myself in their life, and learn everything I could about them. That was the last blog I read, and that was about 5 years ago.


When friend and artist Tif recommended that I get a blog I figured it would be easy as pie, yah. I started reading her blog and realized that I really looked forward to reading it, and I thought it would be a piece of cake. The piece that I missed I guess, is that both Tif and the yurt dwellers have something to talk about. Tif has a great business that is doing fabulously well (dottie angel), and she writes with a british accent. I don't care who you are, anything sounds better with a british accent. I tried to write with a british accent but it sounded a little too much like Dick VanDyke in Mary Poppins. It was bad.


So I'm having to come to terms with the fact that my life is boring, and I don't know what to do about it. That news is harder to take than turning 30, and that can be pretty hard if you know what I mean. I'm basically a soccer mom, except I'm usually at work when Boo has games so Travelous usually takes her. I think that pretty much makes me a bad soccer mom by definition. I drive an SUV, but since we only have one car it's usually Travelous that's driving it. Besides, I hate that darn thing and YEARN for a cute little hybrid that doesn't demand 2 tanks of gas a week at $75 bucks each. But I digress...
I have that business of mine, but it's in transition right now. I've spent so many years not talking about Hear Me Roar, that I'm afraid I might have forgotten how to roar. Any advice out there????! I mean, from most of my "research" in the last couple of days there are two types of blogs out there - the good ones, and the ones where people talk too much about their cats. I don't even have any cats, so I better step it up a notch!
Regards (british accent),
Tasha

No comments: