Allow myself to introduce... myself

...

Friday, May 4, 2007

And the award for best supporting cast goes to...

I had an epiphany last night brought to me by my long time friend Jennifer Jo, whose presence in my life can be traced back to the summer before my senior year in high school, but who I haven't seen in WAY too long. Jennifer Jo e-mailed me to say the following: "Hey sistah! Frigging A....put your one completed item on etsy and start there - you are wasting time and losing money...............You don't need to have a certain amount to open shop.....Come on TashaJo, maybe someone wants something NOW....So glad to see your site...will be following along and directing traffic there."

So I guess that's what I'll do. I will post whatever I've finished on Sunday, the next time I believe I'll have any real free computer time. That gives me most of Saturday afternoon (AFTER I walk in the March of Dimes Walk America with a team from work) to increase my inventory so I have more than one thing to post. Yeay!


So the e-mail above started me thinking about how many people have been there for me throughout my creative pursuits. I've had some ups and downs, and the batch of Qubicle Quilts I mailed off this weekend was the first package I've sent to Half Moon Creek since December 1st. Now intuitively I know that I can't make money unless I make things and have them for sale, but sometimes you just get in a funk and can't spit anything out. But I've had some great people tell me to snap out of it, and I want to thank them. My Mom, who has been my greatest supporter since the very beginning - giving me her old sewing machine 7 or 8 years ago, and recently replacing it when it finally went kaput. As Tif (www.dottieangel.com) said, "That's what Mum's do". And thank goodness Mom and I have mostly the same taste in material, or I wouldn't have benefitted half as much from her Quilt Store addiction. I have enough to create with for years to come, so I'm glad she lets me make stuff for her once in awhile too. I want to thank my friend Laura, for reminding me to figure out what I want to do with my life (in conjunction with the quote on that Starbucks cup). I'm also grateful for my new friend Tif, for wandering in front of me at the right time in my life. She's been the one showing me how to work my way around the excuses I've been using for so long, and she does it in this great and gentle way. Of course I also owe a ton to Travis and the kids, who eat Macaroni and Cheese way more often than they should, suffer an often distracted mama, and still give me hugs and kisses whenever I really really need them. This is what life's all about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh....I am honored you added my e-mail to your site. I thought maybe I came on too pushy or demanding. I have always believed in you and want you to get out there and roar!