Allow myself to introduce... myself

...

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Always A Step Behind

I've done it again and ignored the well-meaning and completely logical advice of my own Dear Mother, and painted another wall in my (shhh) little rented place in Pleasantville. I know Mommy Dearest is right when she says I'll regret it that last week of moving out when you don't have enough time to finish all the cleaning and packing and you realize you have to repaint. The way I see it one wall here or there won't kill me, and it will sure make living here nicer. So I went from this:Where the kids kept grabbing the tape and hanging their art when I wasn't looking, to this:

taken with a flash, but hopefully the difference can be seen. I know apple green isn't the right thing for everyone, but I've wanted to paint it this color for over a month now, and tonight was the night. Looking at it made be wish that paint came scented, to match the deliciousness of the color... lo and behold I did a Google search (my favorite thing to do) and discovered that paint CAN be scented! I'm not too sure I'd trust it, and it doesn't come in apple scent, but in some strange way it's comforting to know it's out there. I SAID in a strange way...

Now, if you can excuse me please as I take a moment of silence in recognition for my friend Tif who will be leaving for a MONTH as she takes a much deserved vacation across the pond. Not only has Tif become one of those friends that you feel like you've known forever, but I will miss terribly reading her blog and comments. Yes, yes Dear Reader(s), I will admit that there were nights when I should have been posting on my own blog but was instead over at Tif's blog using up all my wittiness on her comments. There are only so many brain cells left after a long day at the day job, and Tif is quite honestly a much better writer than me, sparking my creative comments at her blog. ESPECIALLY when you take into account that everything she says comes with a great British accent, well really now... how can my own blog compete for my own attention? So I hope Tif has a great time, and relaxes, has fun, and feels recharged after being around more people who "get her", but I will be only too happy when she comes back. And did I mention that she stopped by my day job on Friday bearing gifts? Oh yes... do you see why I will miss her? Just when spirits were flagging and a boost was needed... POOF! There was my own personal spiritual Mary Poppins. Unfortunately I've meant to take pics of my goodies for two days now and still haven't. I will though, oh yes I surely will. But for now I give you some more material therapy. See what your five last dollars can buy you two days before payday:

That's four quarter yards and two half yards, all on sale at the big cheap fabric store. Sometimes there's a need for cheap fabric where none of the employees know who Amy Butler and Kaffe Fassett are. I didn't say ALWAYS, but sometimes.

I'm off to look for a needle in a haystack now. The perfect wedding gift for a great couple that's been together for YEARS, but who I don't know too very well. It's a challenge I readily accept.

Toodles!

Tasha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lurve the apple on the wall!

dottie angel said...

so i have a theory about painting walls...when i moved to the USA it came as quite a shock that you had to leave your little abode as you found it..squeaky clean and not a hint of the former occupier...how strange...so i could live in fear of putting nails in the wall or putting my colors on the wall or i could say "sod it" i'm living here and it has to be my space not MR BORING BLAH'S space...

if the whole world painted a small wall apple green in their lives, i think they would feel a whole lot better...

missing you too...

Hear Me Roar! said...

I wish the landlord felt the same way! But I have another wall to paint green, and one teeny tiny wall to paint "Aegean Blue" and then I'll be finished "defacing" someone else's property. Having once been a landlord myself though, I PROMISE I'll paint it back.

Cindy said...

Having just started painting the window trim of some of the sunroom windows red I agree color works wonders.....am glad your fix is easy and the color is great, funny how it goes so well with my new bag. Love you