Allow myself to introduce... myself

...

Friday, June 22, 2007

That Problem We All Face

So for about a week now every time I sit down to the sewing machine to create I sew about ten stitches before becoming disgusted and walking away. I know we all get it - that ugly Creating Block - but it sure can get you going into a bit of a spiral. Especially if your Creating Block causes you to eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's while watching a Behind the Music episode on Pantera. I'm not saying that happened, I'm just saying that if it DID happen, it might make you feel even worse. ESPECIALLY if you were never even a fan of Pantera.

Now I like to come up with solutions as much as the next person, so I thought I'd better find a way around my Creating Block.

So I started by buying a couple of books to try and get out of the funk. Sometimes the books we buy can say a little bit too much about us... But the books took a whole week to get here, so I needed to try something else.

I started by looking at my stash and I realized that although during my banky days I use this purse, wear these glasses, and sometimes put on these shoes, I didn't have a bit of green in my stash.





One of my favorite necklaces (again, green).
















So I went to the store and I spent the hard earned money from my precious Etsy sales, and I bought this great material...
There's not nearly as much green as I meant for there to be, but that's because on the way to the green I saw this and this and this, and by then I'd spent it all...

I was very excited to get started sewing when I got home... with all my new materials all ready to go and laid out on my cutting table...

So I was really shocked when I found myself using all of this...






(RED)











To make these...Which are works in progress.

So stay tuned, because apparently the Creating is now Unblocked...

-Tasha

*Update: In case anyone happens to be wondering, I FINALLY remembered the name of the artist that made the green necklace above. Her name is Lori Kirsch and I happened to be in a booth across from her at my first show in Alaska. I traded a couple of my scarves for her great necklaces. I couldn't remember her name for the LONGEST time!

3 comments:

Jen said...

green, green, green oh how i love thee...my glasses are green!!

dottie angel said...

oh me oh my, you certainly did go fabric shopping..looking forward to seeing the results..
P.S.i have that book..very nice, very calming...

Cindy said...

I love the second and this fabrics, you, this weather and my leg may push me into the creating zone instead of the painting zone.