Allow myself to introduce... myself

...

Friday, September 7, 2007

Looking Up

The thing about life is that it's always changing. It may be too late to have a perfect childhood, but it's never too late to become the person you want to be. So that's where it's at. I'm stripping life down to the bare essentials (buh bye toxic "friendships", holey underwear, and making my bed) and working on doing the goofy things I like to do. So I'm going to the fair this weekend and I'm going to ride a ride for the first time since high school, and I'm going to re-read all of my Tom Robbins books (except the ones I don't want to), and I'm going to buy my own flowers for my office every week, and I'm going to listen to all the 80's music I love so much, and I'm going to burn scented candles and take bubble baths and go to bed early. I'm going to be alone for awhile, and I'm going to enjoy it, every minute of it. I'm going to laugh so hard at goofy silly things that I can't hold in the snorts, I'm going to go puddle jumping in the rain, and blow bubbles while on the carousel, and I'm going to be FUN. Because THOSE are the things that define me and say who I am. I am true, real, and good, and I aim to make the world a better place. And that's all I have to say about that.

6 comments:

gigglebuttbubbles said...

amen!

Cindy said...

If only I had your words.....this comment would say the perfect thing about how proud I am of you.

gigglebuttbubbles said...

I hope you know you have the best mom!

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

Rock on! Good for you - life is too short to not enjoy all that it has to offer! (and I especially like NOT making the bed and buying flowers!) You go girl :)

Galadriel Thompson said...

I wish more people thought this way. High fives sister! Keep on trucking!

dottie angel said...

keep it up...