Allow myself to introduce... myself

...

Saturday, September 1, 2007

I'm Still Here

I have so appreciated the comments I received from my last post; friends I've met and some I've never met both sending love my way as I deal with stuff. I haven't meant to fall off the face of the earth, it's just that sometimes life can take a lot of energy and there's none left to spare. It's September 1st though and right about the 29th of August I decided that I'd had so much bad luck come my way this summer (starting in June) that I had to explore the possibility that I might be doing my own part to perpetuate it. So I sent a message to the universe that I would accept no more bad luck at all after August 31st, and I'm holding the universe to her end of the bargain. I've been hammering out some details and mentally preparing myself as we get ready for Travelous to make his big life-changing career-defining move to Los Angeles, and the kids and I get ready for our own life ahead. It's taken awhile for me and Travis to realize that this was the reason our paths needed to diverge at this point, but supporting this person I love while he follows his dreams has always meant a fair bit of sacrifice. Sometimes this is just the way things go... insert devastatingly sad love song here...

And now I'm putting one foot in front of the other as I try to get things back on track. The kids are back at school in 3 days, and I have a sewing area with a layer of dust on it about two months thick. I'm sure I'll start making my regular appearances here in the blog world, and my list of things to be grateful for will continue to grow. I consider myself to be a very lucky woman even through all of this, because I've spent two wonderful years sharing my world with an amazing AMAZING person. It wasn't the lifetime we thought it would be, but there are never any guarantees in this world are there?

Gratitude: Of course I still have my children, who give me a reason to get out of bed every day; my job has become more wonderful than I could ever have imagined; and I had a really touching e-mail from my Dad (who I've always had a strained relationship with) on my birthday. At this point in my life I have a few more options than I did two years ago, and I know that I can handle anything that comes my way.

"I would rather regret the things I have done than the things I have not." -Lucille Ball

1 comment:

gigglebuttbubbles said...

glad to see you back! I am gald you sent the word out to the universe! Sometimes you just have to do that to have positive things come round.