Allow myself to introduce... myself

...

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Oh the Humanity!

I have just returned from a WHIRLWIND two day trip for work to Beaverton Oregon, which meant that I spent my Valentine's Day in a room full of other Branch Managers and People of Importance and couldn't spend the day crying into my Cheerios. At our catered lunch of pizza and salad, I did decide to choose for myself the HEART shaped cookie out of the plastic clamshell of choices, and felt that somehow my heart shaped cookie was a sign that NEXT Valentine's will be much better. I mean really... it can't get any worse than the year husband number one told me weeks in advance that he had a "surprise" for me, then told me on THAT day (he waited until VALENTINE'S DAY???! Yep... that's the kinda gent I married at 20) that he was leaving me. Ahhh.... memories. So I'm holding out this time for the kinda guy that won't send me messages that require a translator, that doesn't drive a Hummer, that can keep up with my acerbic wit, that picks the RIGHT 5 songs, and that doesn't save bad news for momentous occasions, thereby ruining said occasions for the remainder of time. That's a good list to start with!

So now I feel a duty to share with you the embarrassing events of Friday/Saturday; in which I injured myself playing soccer with the big boys when I've only played twice, sat for 4 hours at the "Urgent" Care facilities to see what the heck I did, and hobbled out on crutches to dinner with my kiddos, Aunt, Mom, and Grandma and flirted with the waiter.
How the heck am I going to lose 30 more pounds in the next three months if I'm on crutches?!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

You could let that leg dangle off the side of your exercise bike thus giving yourself a much more aerobic but decidedly uneven workout (be careful of that free wheeling spare pedal...I imagine it would hurt if it clipped your shin) or maybe a slow steady one legged hop on the treadmill (holding on for dear life of coarse) sorry I forgot the treadmill needed replacing. You are going to be resigned to one legged dancing....just use the crutches..thats a workout all by itself. You will do it...quit worrying...you are doing great!

Cindy said...

Oh my Gawd!!....how did I miss you flirting with the waiter, no wonder you got your H2O filled so much....oh balderdash now I do feel old!!

Anonymous said...

I just happened on your blog and MUST comment on your ex-husband's form!!! Oh my goodness gracious! That man is sadistic and you are SO better off without someone so completely heartless. To get off on planning that for a special occasion. Truly sick. Women don't need men. Men need women. You'll be just fine. And hooray for the heart shaped valentine cookie you treated yourself with!!!! Keep looking up.